Name:
Location: New England

I have been married for 20+ years. We have twins and triplets.

Saturday, July 02, 2005

The camping trip


We went camping on Sunday night, we meaning Katherine, Jennifer and myself. It was fun but the girls were verbalizing to me that they were scared of the dark and a little scared to sleep in the tent and I had to stay strong at least appear strong and confident for them but my tummy would not leave me alone. It took a little while for my tummy to calm down. We played a cute battery operated fishing game in the tent and played with glow bracelets and necklaces. I told them stories of when I went camping before Daddy and Mommy were together and they thought that was funny. We went to sleep to the sounds of bull frogs croaking.

The next morning I took the girls out for breakfast at my cousins restaurant and went back to the camp to look for those bull frogs. Mark showed up with the other three and we had lunch with them. We all went down to the lake and swam/waded in the water and found so many fun creatures in the water. I am shocked they all still wanted to play in the water after seeing them. There were tadpoles, frogs, turtles, fish and crayfish. The crayfish was HUGE as big as my hand! But that was not that big of a deal because we also saw and posed for a picture with a HUGE snapping turtle! That afternoon we had water bottle fights and played in the play area where we saw another turtle (but smaller).

That evening we cooked marshmallows after supper and played the fishing game again. When it got dark we went into the tent and played with the colorful glowing bracelets again. It was a nice day/evening.

The next morning when I woke Mark was already out of the tent. His back was bothering him so much he had to sleep in the van. Mark was not interested in sleeping at the campground another night but I did not give in to the idea of going home till about 7 pm. He was so pleased when I announced to the children that if we went home they could take a bath in our tub but disappointed when they were not as excited about that as he was. He then said "If we go home tonight we can get ice-cream" They ALL shouted "Yeah let's go home" and that is when we started to pack up. They were all sleeping before we got off the State park grounds.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marilyn said...

Just to reiterate what I wrote at RMM...Cheryl you are such a good mom. Your children are going to have such wonderful childhood memories to share over and over again with you, their siblings, their children and grandchildren.

It sounds like you had a great time with the kids even with the upset tummy and backaches....you didn't mention whether you actually stopped for icecream, though, after the kids went to sleep. Did ya'll actually stop or did you wait until the next day?

10:20 PM  
Blogger Cheryl said...

Yes Marilyn we did end up getting some ice cream. Jennifer woke up and she got to come with me to pick it out. She Katherine & Daniel had it after supper. Teeny and Stephanie stayed sleeping till the next day and had theirs after lunch.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home