Location: New England

I have been married for 20+ years. We have twins and triplets.

Wednesday, June 22, 2005


Well I stayed very nice but the nurses knew I was more then a little annoyed.

Short version:
The appointment was for 10:00 and at 11:35 a nurse came into the x ray room asking me if we would like some paper and crayons so that Katherine could draw. I said "I would rather have the Dr here so that we could get this procedure over with."

Long version:
Bumpa came over to watch the other 4 and Katherine and I left for the Hospital at about 9:40

At 10:00 we got to the Hospital and signed in
At about 10:15 they called us to the registration desk
We sat till about 10:30 outside x ray. Then a nurse came and gave us a little johnny for Katherine to change into but told us we had to wait because her room was not open yet. Katherine said she had to go potty but the nurse asked her to wait please.
At 10:45 they finally called us in and the nurse told Katherine what was going to happen. Katherine got pretty upset and visibly scared. The nurse was nice and gave Katherine a cow Ty beeny and we had the first x ray.

Then the waiting began...............

The nurse came back in at 11:35 asking if we wanted some crayons and I said that I would rather have the Dr here so that we could get this procedure over with. She went and got a higher up nurse (or maybe she held some other title) and she said that all the Drs were busy and if we wantred we could reschedule for tomorrow or another day. I calmly shared that the appointment was scheduled for 10 and it was now 11:35. I also shared that Katherine has already been explained to what was going to happen and it would not be good for her to have to go through this kind of stress and wait again. She then responded "well I did not get her paperwork till 10:27" I had no verbal reply for her. I would have been to rude if I said what I was thinking.
At about 11:45 the Dr came in and he was very nice and went over again what was going to happen. The Pedi nurses were called in and they placed the catheter in. Katherine did pretty well. It only took myself and two other nurses to hold her still while another did the catheter. The x rays went quick and the Dr said that everything looked great and he had no concerns.

Now we just need to do this 1 more time. Jennifers turn is tomorrow. 4 down 1 to go


Blogger Marilyn said...

I'm so sorry that Katherine and you had to go through such an ordeal. I pray that Jennifer's test goes more smoothly tomorrow.

8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home